To make a windows xp bootable CD go through as per following step by step.
1) A file name xpboot.bin download from http://old.bink.nu/xpboot.bin
2) Nero burning
3) Empty CD
4) Windows XP ( home/ pro) data
1) After you download the file xpboot.bin run nero burning rom I am using Version 7 in this example
2) In nero windows click on Create (CD ROM BOOT)
3) In nero task bar click on BOOT, Then mark Image file… Browse to locate your downloaded xpboot.bin
4) In advanced mode click on Enable expert setting ( For advanced user only) and do this setting:
A) Kind of emulation = No emulation
Boot message = Keep as is no change
C) Load segment of sector ( hex) = Should be 07c0 ( No change)
D) Number of loaded sectors: change it to 4 ( 1 is the default must be changed to 4)
5) In Nero task bar click on ISO
Data mode = Mode 1
File system = ISSO 9660 only
File name length ( ISO) = Max of 11 = 8 + 3 chars ( Level 1)
Character set ( ISO) = DOS
Relax restriction = All marked .
6) In Nero task bar click on Label:
click on Automatic, and then Disc name = WB2PFRE_EN
Now click on new, add all your windows XP data and then burn it.
It is now Bootable CD and no need to boot using floppy a disk.
If you follow my steps correctly you should not have any problem.
For more information please click on link